Sunday, October 26, 2008

Can someone help me with my hands?

Hey, this is a shout-out to Susan Stonecypher and her former colleagues and friends in the Volusia County school system... Susan gave a founding donation for the Gowrie-Kunkua Community Library in Ghana, FAVl's third in Ghana. It opened earlier this year, and in July I visited, and had a chance to chat with the library committee members. I gave my video camera to Darius Asanga, Sumbrungu librarian. His first time with a video camera. So get your Dramamine out. Kathryn Ranney, an SCU student, did a fantastic volunteer job editing the video, with her usual skill. Anyway, you get a little glimpse of the library. After my visit, though, we did some more work on the building (I wasn't that happy!). Everything seems to be going very well.

The sound on the video is not great, so turn it up a little loud. And you see my hand gestures? I'm not Vice-Presidential material yet. I need the clenched fist with the thumb thing that Clinton would do, I think.

No comments: