Friday, June 19, 2009

French BD classic: L'heritier (Largo Winch)

Largo Winch is the inheritor of one of the world's largest fortunes... but he's irrepressibly cool and adventurous... and someone is always trying to kill him. Action-packed BD that can be read in an enjoyable 30 minutes... like watching a TV show. What I don't get is how or why anyone would pay $15 for something like this- you can watch any TV show for free and get the same entertainment value. I guess kids like Elliot read them multiple times (E read all the Tintin ones dozens of times). So I suppose on a per read basis it turns out to under a dollar. Not so bad. Good fun, and wonderful graphics.

Why am I blogging about this on FAVL site? Few American readers know that BD are the literature of choice over there in francophone West Africa. I find it fascinating how graphic novels never really caught on in the U.S. QWERTY anyone?

No comments: